Autumn

Autumn

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Boomerang friends.....

...are those friends you may not see or speak to for weeks, months or years sometimes, but who never forget you, and never recriminate.  Boomerang friends are the ones that wander far and wide but always return.

I have several of these friends.  They are my most treasured ones because I know that with just one phone call they are right back there, beside me, as if nothing had happened.

One such friend came to visit today.  I have known her since I was a teenager.  She called and invited herself over.  I hadn't seen her since April of this year.  We shared another mutual friend, the angel who passed away last week.  She knew I would be upset and grieving so she came over.

There was no ' you never call'. There was only 'how are you?'  We talked for nearly 6 hours, through one bottle of red and a whole pot of coffee.   We caught up on family matters, we paid homage to our departed friend, we compared eBooks on my Kindle and her iPad.  We learned that we both sold our 100 year old antique pianos only weeks apart.  We learned that we had both cleaned up our book collections and disposed of certain kinds of books.


We touched on so many topics that there was never any silence.  It was so nice.


I may not see her again for months.  It doesn't matter.  Other boomerang friends will step into the breach.


I am a very lucky girl.


And like this snail I will now crawl back into my little hidey hole till the next boomerang hits...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the fun and talk to me...