Autumn

Autumn

Friday, November 30, 2012

If I can have a holiday so can Obama for crying out loud...

When is a hypocrite not a hypocrite?

When they don't say anything....is the answer.


I am going to comment on something sort of political. Not my usual fare but I just saw something on facebook that really... and I mean REALLY... got to me for its sheer irrationality.


OK,  so some character posted a photo of the Obama family heading off to vacation on his blog.  Then a bunch of people, some of whom I know, shared it on facebook. 

The caption on the photo reads as follows:


"The Obama family is taking a 3 week, 4 million dollar vacation to Hawaii while the rest of us worry about the fiscal cliff. Is anyone else as outraged as we are????? While he's asking us all to share the "wealth", he's taking a major vacation on our dime!!! Oh, the irony!!!!!"
  
 So,

Question: Since when is a working man and his family NOT entitled to vacation time?

Answer: All working people are entitled to vacation time.  Slavery was abolished.

Question: Is the man that posted the pic going to take a vacation sometime this year? 

Answer:  Of course he is.  Maybe even more than 1.

Question - does the man that posted that pic and caption pay taxes?

Answer:  Well, he sure seems to have a lot of time on his hands.

Question.  If Mitt Romney was elected would he have been allowed to take a vacation? 

Answer: Of course he would.

Let's keep going......

Question: If Mitt Romney got elected would his (insult deleted) supporters expect the secret service to go too and protect him?  

Answer: Of course they would.

Question: would they complain about the cost?

Answer: Nooooooooooooooooo!

Surely the man that runs a country 24/7, is at everyone's beck and call, is blamed for everything and never thanked deserves a few precious days with his family. I never heard anyone complain when little Dubbya went off to his ranch in his too big hat and too spangly boots during that other global crisis.

So ... new questions.


Would you prefer to have a president of the US who was rested and refreshed?

or

 


would you have a President that looked like this..... ?



















and had his hand on one of these?




Seriously.... some folks need to hear themselves......

1 comment:

  1. Rather than answer you on Words With Friends, thought I'd answer you here.
    You had me worried when you questioned whether I'd play you again in WWF after reading your blog. Well, OF COURSE I would. No matter that I disagree with you here (I won't go into why-I prefer to not use Blogger to air my views. The world is depressing enough as it is).
    After all, it's called Words With FRIENDS not Words With PEOPLE WITH WHOM I DISAGREE.
    Enjoy your holiday! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Join in the fun and talk to me...