Autumn

Autumn

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Spring has Sprung.....

...siting here eating breakfast.  Bagel with butter and vegemite, hot coffee and a fistful of pills.  The usual fare.  It is 7.30 am Saturday and I have been up for an hour because I don't want to be late for my appointment at the Hospital where I will have an MRI on one of my knees. No biggie.

Outside the Sun is bathing budding trees and flowers in light - unfortunately if you go outside it is quite chilly.  But there are no clouds so from my vantage point I can pretend it is warm out there.  It is certainly so in here.

I love winter and I love my garden in winter... but what is it about blossoms and buds?  Why does the heart swell with happiness at this sight?

My grande dame - the walnut.  Reaching for the sky and preparing its new leaves.

 My popcorn bushes.  No idea what this plant is.  Grew them from cuttings and every year they pop like this.  On the left is our baby pear tree. 

An azalea that did not thrive in the ground.  I put it in a pot a few years ago to bonsai it but decided to just shape it into a ball and now look....

Last year I didvided my orchids. One of them was a huge round mass - now here you can see all the new plants.  There are 3 kinds of orchid in there - the pale pinks, a yellow and one trailing on the ground behind the sapling is a greenish colour.

That sapling is my claret Ash.



 Last year's Mandarins - still a few left and the tree about to erupt with the new crop.....





It's been a long hard winter.

Ok time to go and get Magnetised......

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what joy for you as the weather starts to ameliorate (don't worry, I doubt I can use that in WWF!). This is a grand time of year for both hemispheres. We're tired of the summer weather and glory in the crispness of fall. While you all enjoy the budding new life. Soon enough, I expect, we'll all be griping about the bloody cold or blistering heat.
    But, for now, peace...
    Ahhhhh.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Randy
    randydavis387@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Join in the fun and talk to me...