Autumn

Autumn

Monday, January 9, 2012

I wish I were a tree......

Oh, I wish I were a tree,
majestic, soaring free;
my tips to touch the sky,
scolding birds that pass me by.

I wish my roots were deep
to anchor me in sleep
when monsters scream my name
and memories inflame.










I wish my leaves would fall
and shed bad memories all;
so I could bloom anew
in Spring's fresh morning dew.



Yes I wish I were a tree
so you could look at me
and know just what it takes
to overcome mistakes.



My bark's a history
of storms that battered me,
yet holds me up in place
to join the human race.







Oh I wish I were a tree
so none could bother  me,
but even for a tree
the chainsaw waits with glee....
Marlia Boyce January 9, 2012

6 comments:

  1. Great poem, but I for one, am glad you are not a tree. I would miss you. :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with KAT, glad you're not a tree. Good stuff, my friend...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you write that? If so, fantastic. If not, thanks for sharing.
    If I were a tree, I'd make an Ash out of myself, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat- you are so sweet. I really wish you Kim and I could spend a week together.
    Kimmy - you are my dear friend.
    Al - yes I did... and ... a claret ash? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could do time as a ponderosa pine. Love the vanilla scent of the bark. Lovely poem Marlia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanilla really? That would make it MY favourite too. Thanks for the good feedback Kelly.

      Delete

Join in the fun and talk to me...