Autumn

Autumn

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Forced hiatus derails blogger!

Since the nasty business with hubby and his kidney cancer I have nosedived into the flu and find that 5 weeks have passed with not much blogging.

As I sit here hacking up a lung and fretting about the work that will pile up for me back at the office, I rail at the lack of interesting content on the TV - for which I pay the princely monthly sum of $120 and thanks for nothing Foxtel!!- and I fritter away my day trying to find something to do that doesn't require lungs pumping air at a normal pace.  THAT would be too much to ask.

Needless to say I am the world's worst patient....even when I am my own nurse, or maybe because of it.

I also don't want to pollute the intersphere (my new made up word to go with all the other ones) with crap blogs, so I haven't really been trying.  Seems like I don't have anything interesting to say at the moment that doesn't involve cancer or flu.

Today is a gorgeous Melbourne autumn day.  So I staggered outside to take pics of some of my plants.  I have no idea why the garden cheers me up so easily.  Maybe coz it doesn't talk back.  Perhaps because it doesn't ask me for anything .  Or is it just that it exists despite me so there is no pressure.






I don't know but I like it......

2 comments:

  1. Aww.. nothing wrong with venting your ill's. It gives your mind space to receive the cure!

    Love the 3rd photo.. gorgeous.. what kind of flower is that?
    Hug
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy. I stopped by and followed your blog too. Seems we have some things in common.

      Anyway the plant is called a Grevillea banksii x bipinnatifida or Grevillia "Robyn Gordon". One of my friends calls it the 'alien' plant.

      cheers

      Delete

Join in the fun and talk to me...