Autumn

Autumn

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

FRIENDS

Kim
Tracey
Giovanna
Julie
Liz
Sylvana
Deena
Valda
Lynn
Miryana
Vesna (dec.)
Mariella (dec.)


These women are my friends.  The true meaning of friends.  I don't even think they all know they have made this list.  A short list... and one unlikely to get very much bigger.
I have many acquaintances.  But a friend, to me, is a safe haven.  They want nothing from me, they give me anything I may need.  There are no recriminations, expectations or exhortations.  They just are, as I am,  there.  Even during an absence, they are there holding my heart together from a distance of time, space or eternity. 

In memoriam Vesna and Mariella.  I never got to thank either of you.

*****

1 comment:

  1. very lovely, thank you, I am honored to be on this list, my friend.......

    ReplyDelete

Join in the fun and talk to me...