Autumn

Autumn

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mid-life crisis going for seconds

Yes you heard right.  I am going through another mid-life crisis.  Well why not - who said you only get one anyway.

Woke up this morning to an empty house. I slept through the morning cacophony of showers and pet feeding and newspaper getting.  Slept right through the compulsory dropping of sundry kitchen items right below my bedroom which ALWAYS sound like the apocalypse has come.  Even slept through the traditional slam of the front door as hubby and son left for the morning trek to school ( wish that kid would just hurry up and get his license). 
So what woke me up you ask?  The quiet.  Seriously the quiet.

I came barreling downstairs ( I use that term very very lightly as I am arthritic) and in my usual drama queen style charged about wondering where everyone went.  It was 8am.
The sound of myself saying 'duhhh' in my own head is funny.

So, I made myself some breakfast and coffee and sat down to wait for hubby to come back.
You already know what he says when he comes in.

If you knew me you would know that I would just give him the look and say well I'm up now.

So he says lets have an easy day then - you're not well and you're tired.
Ok so it is now 2pm and I have repotted several plants, watered the garden, done the laundry (2 loads), vacuumed the floor, made lunch, started dinner and helped hubby out in the garage.

Some rest!!!!
How does a woman who is used to working a 10 hour day at a very tough job where she is the boss learn how to relax.  Somebody please help me before I drive MYSELF insane, never mind my husband.

Ok time to pick up the son who doesnt have his license yet...roll on 21 September 2011 - D day aka driver's license test day.

*****

2 comments:

  1. just accept it GF, you're a confirmed work a holic!! You haven't learned to take it easy, and let the day roll by, some of us that comes easy for, like me......you, on the other hand, could use some lessons from a genuine 'laid-back' kind of gal like me.....Great blogs, ALL of them. Keep it up, I'm slow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your profile statement!

    Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog earlier, appreciate it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Join in the fun and talk to me...