Autumn

Autumn

Friday, September 9, 2011

Food for thought......

Take one tub of sour cream, add one sachet of taco seasoning and mix together.

Ta dahhhhhhh!!!...instant mexican dip.  Leave it overnight and it is even better.  But hey, who can wait that long?  Not me.

Take the last tomato, mushrooms, capsicum bits and leftover lettuce chop/shred everything into a bowl.  And/or whatever you have left...I had a cucumber ....never mind too gross!

Now rummage around the rest of the fridge, find one piece leftover portuguese chicken, some leftover bacon, some leftover roasted corn on the cob.  Dice the meats, remove corn from cob.  Fry up some onion and garlic and throw in meats and corn to mix a bit.


Meanwhile are you boiling some kind of pasta - whatever you got?  I had a cup of spirals and just a cup of shells....good enough. Don't drain them too well, the moisture will help - In fact I fish them out with a slotted spoon and drop them straight into a waiting pyrex baking dish...


Mix the meat and corn into the pasta ( feel free to add any commercially made sauces - I do) - put in an oven dish, top with any grated cheeses you have left over and bake till browned.


When pasta is ready call the troops and then throw one generous dollop of your mexican dip over the chopped salad and give a quick mix.


Voila...dinner a la leftovers.....


Don't you just love it when you go to all this trouble and 'son who does not yet have his licence' reaches for the tomato sauce???


Now for tomorrow's shopping list.....


*****

p.s. If you are wondering why I didnt have a proper dinner prepared tonight I think you should know that I was sleeping all day today....so there! :-p

p.p.s... and no I am not lazy...just tired.

p.p.p.s ...hey I'm allowed, I'm on leave!!!!

p.p.p.p.s... you're just jealous!

Talk to the hand....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the fun and talk to me...