Autumn

Autumn

Friday, March 23, 2012

Comedy of terrors....

Thursday 15 March 2012

Question. 'Doctor will you need the CT scans on the day of the operation?'
Answer. No.

Wednesday 21 March 2012 3pm.

Question to Assistant: Will we need the CT scans?   We have them in the car just in case.
Answer: No.

Wednesday 21 March 2012 4pm.

Question to Admissions officer: Will we need the CT scans?
Answer:  What did the doctor say?
Response: He said no but....
Admissions Officer: Then you won't need them.

Wednesday 21 March 2012 5pm.

Nurse on Ward: Did you bring your scans?
Answer: Yes but the Doctor said he won't need them.
Nurse: Oh no problem then, leave them there.

Wednesday 21 March 2012, 9pm.  I get home exhausted from a day on the road and in the hospital with Jeff.  I park the car and take out my bag.  I look at the CT films in the boot and pick them up.  I hesitate and put them back in.  I shut the boot and know that Jeff will laugh when I tell him.  Apparently I am a stress head.

Thursday 22 March 2012, Noon and the mountain of pre-op paper work  begins.  Tick Tick, question, check.

Nurse: Have you got the CT scans for doctor?
Jeff: No
Me: Ummm yes I have them in the car.  Shall I go and get them?
Nurse: Might be a good idea.
Jeff. But the doctor said he wouldn't need them.
Nurse: Oh then don't worry.

Thursday 22 March 2012, 12.55pm.  Theatre staff arrive with a guerney and whisk a very pale and nervous Jeff off to theatre.  I settle in for the long wait.

Thursday 22 March 2012, 1.05 pm.  I am having a little cry in the private room we were lucky to get. One nurse comes in and offers me a cup of coffee.  30 seconds later another nurse comes in hurriedly.

Nurse 2: Mrs B, doctor needs the CT scans.   Where are they?
Me: In the car.
Nurse 2: Is it far?
Me: not for you guys but for me a 20 minute round trip (uphill no less).
Nurse 2: Ok Hurry!

Question: At what point does one scream??????

Oh well...all's well that ends well.

Surgery was successful and Jeff is recovering.  Still waiting on biopsy results but there is nothing I can do about that.






4 comments:

  1. You were way ahead of the morons. Thank goodness you kept the scan close and Jeff is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun - but you know I was starting to think I was insane for a while there.....

      Delete
  2. So glad you were prepared! Sometimes doesn't it seem like the whole world is crazy except you! Glad things are going well. Prayers for continued good news and speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prepared is my middle name... Thanks for the good wishes.

      Delete

Join in the fun and talk to me...